Author Topic: Eastern Nebraska Campground  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
  • Westward Ho!
Eastern Nebraska Campground
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:24:52 pm »
Ok, gotta make a recommendation here.  Last night we stayed at Double Nickel Campground that's just west of Lincoln in Waco, NE.  The owners were extremely friendly and helpful.  We called ahead by arrived late.  However they are onsite, so when they saw us pull in she came running out to make sure we could find our site and that everything was ok.  The sites were large for a western RV park and we even had grass and a tree!  (those who camp on the plains or in the high prairie or high desert regions know what I mean here)  ;)

The other thing that quietly sat on the side, but really impressed us was the storm shelter.  Yes, they had one, no it wasn't the stick built washrooms, YES, it was buried in the ground and well marked so campers could find it.  We didn't need it, as there were numerous storms in the area, but none on top of us, and none that severe, but it was nice to know it was available if needed.

Anyway, it was just south of I80 if you're ever in the area.  There was a pool, minigolf and a golf course also but we just used the mid $30 full hookup site and were on our way in the morning.
Nathan, DW, DS '03, DD '06 

Offline Willingtonpaul

• Live for today; Plan for tomorrow....
Re: Eastern Nebraska Campground
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:32:02 am »
gonna file this one away nathan....thanks for the post !

and nothing says camping out west better than saying "i'm staying over at the 'double nickel'" !

would be a substantial upgrade from the rest areas i am usually in !

2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4326
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Paul('69) Adele('68) Mila('03) Ethan('05)
Lara the Golden ('13)
Brewster the Golden ('17)

Just doing my part to control the flying insect population with camping every trip....