Author Topic: A backpack instead of bed tent...  (Read 632 times)

Offline Grayghost

A backpack instead of bed tent...
« on: November 29, 2017, 06:39:59 am »
Hi everyone, I am in process of selecting a so-called backpack, meaning a camper, for my F-250. The last two summers I've been travelling with a bed tent, and you know, this is way not the most convenient recreational option for me and my family. So now I am thinking of something compact and non-towable. you know. Because I am not ready for a full-size trailer yet. Maybe one day I will decide to buy one tho. So here is a good pic of the camper I was looking at:

More pics of this guy - https://www.carid.com/gallery/nissan/titan-xd/
And I was wondering, if there is a good brand of these campers that you can recommend? I do not want something too big or ugly, you know. And I want to buy it once and use as long as I need to, with minimum problems. That's why I'm asking you to help me lean to some reliable company that makes these campers.

Offline Happy Camper

• Needing campfire time..all the time
Re: A backpack instead of bed tent...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 08:30:35 pm »
Welcome to the group. A slide in truck camper is a great option to a trailer. They have many options; for me the Arctic Fox with a slide out is the way to go; lots of room inside.  Here's my rig.. it's sitting on a F350 Diesel with air bags. The Corona Gals in the pix were a great option... that day..

2017 Dynamax Isata 5 "Super "C",  towing an assortment of toys(2008 Fatboy, ATV's, the big boat, Monster Golf Cart and Firewood) , depending upon the application. Arctic Fox 811 Truck Camper on the back of a 2008 F350 6.4L; going where no camper has gone before,.  Eric, Anne Michelle & Cody (AKA lick-lick).

Offline Grayghost

Re: A backpack instead of bed tent...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 04:04:28 am »
Thanks, man, will check out this brand.