Forum > Campfire Recipes

Your all time favorite dish.. What is it!?

(1/2) > >>

egregg57:
Hello fellow campers!
 As some of you know I happen to be a Camping Culinary Arts inspector/Taster. It took many years of sampling at various rallies, get-togethers, family camping weekends and barging into complete strangers campsites to develop my sophisticated palette.
 One of the favorite things to do when camping, or “campering” is to cook some of those dishes that otherwise there may not be time for, or it is an opportunity to show off your cooking prowess!
 So the question is, what is your favorite entrée, appetizer, casserole, slow cooker meal, smoked what-have-you, comfort food, dessert. Lay it on!
 The goal is to see how many keyboards we can short out from people drooling into them!

Breakfast:
Second Breakfast
Lunch:
Second Lunch:
Dinner:
Supper:
Dessert:
After Dessert-Dessert:
Recipes are welcome! Let er rip!

swanny:
let's see here, just let me say I love to cook! I start every morning with a drink ;)........... so now your all really paying attention ;D. I put 2 banana's,  unsweetened almond milk, fat free  greek yogurt and whey powder. Blend until smooth and drink it down. I am a breakfast guy i love it, But one of my favorites is baked french toast with a fruit reduction, strawberries, black berries, blue berries or a combination of fruit. OR sautéed pecans and cinnamon. Lunch we usually go a little light, crackers with smoked gouda cheese, fruit and veggies. OR homemade avocado dip with whole grain crackers.
Dinner, one of our favorites is chicken, sausage, sweet potatoes and carrots in a dutch oven and slow cooked. OR smoked pork butt, I make an awesome bbq But can only do it at home. for now. Dessert, I love pumpkin crisp, it's so awesome, and I only sell the recipe :-X. I have also won an award for lemon cheese pie.

Other stuff, Roast porketta, Honey walnut shrimp, stuffed turkey burger ( awesome), Apple pie, Planked salmon with garlic teriyaki. A meatloaf to die for...............I got to stop

kevin

RVnMC:

--- Quote from: swanny on May 20, 2012, 10:23:03 pm ---let's see here, just let me say I love to cook! ...........I got to stop

kevin

--- End quote ---
Please - DON'T stop! :notworthy:

KristinU:

--- Quote from: swanny on May 20, 2012, 10:23:03 pm ---let's see here, just let me say I love to cook! I start every morning with a drink ;)........... so now your all really paying attention ;D. I put 2 banana's,  unsweetened almond milk, fat free  greek yogurt and whey powder. Blend until smooth and drink it down. I am a breakfast guy i love it, But one of my favorites is baked french toast with a fruit reduction, strawberries, black berries, blue berries or a combination of fruit. OR sautéed pecans and cinnamon. Lunch we usually go a little light, crackers with smoked gouda cheese, fruit and veggies. OR homemade avocado dip with whole grain crackers.
Dinner, one of our favorites is chicken, sausage, sweet potatoes and carrots in a dutch oven and slow cooked. OR smoked pork butt, I make an awesome bbq But can only do it at home. for now. Dessert, I love pumpkin crisp, it's so awesome, and I only sell the recipe :-X. I have also won an award for lemon cheese pie.

Other stuff, Roast porketta, Honey walnut shrimp, stuffed turkey burger ( awesome), Apple pie, Planked salmon with garlic teriyaki. A meatloaf to die for...............I got to stop

kevin

--- End quote ---

What would it take to have the aforementioned pumpkin crisp served at a rally???

swanny:

--- Quote from: KristinU on May 21, 2012, 08:02:14 am ---What would it take to have the aforementioned pumpkin crisp served at a rally???

--- End quote ---

Well lets see,......................................done, you'll love it.

kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version