Author Topic: Which tablet should we buy  (Read 6154 times)

Offline transamz9

Re: Which tablet should we buy
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 08:35:10 pm »
Thanks for all the input everyone. This is like buying a graph for my boat (just way way cheaper) so many options. The only bad thing is I understand all the options on the graphs but these tabs confuse me.

Offline Willingtonpaul

• Live for today; Plan for tomorrow....
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 08:47:45 pm »
i went the apple route, as it is pretty much idiot proof.  not the cheapest for sure, but the easiest as far as i am concerned.  i tried a motorola zoom for awhile, but now that we switched to apple i am not going back to android / microsoft based platforms.
2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4326
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2015 Ford F150 Fing Ranch
Paul('69) Adele('68) Mila('03) Ethan('05)
Lara the Golden ('13)
Brewster the Golden ('17)

Just doing my part to control the flying insect population with camping every trip....

Offline Collinsfam_WY

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 12:27:46 pm »
Bought DW a Samsung Galaxy 10.1.  She was used to Apple iOS from her phone so there were a few "learning pains".  She is not very technically inclined and gets frustrated easily when her attempts to manipulate tech don't go well within a few tries.  Within a few weeks, she was comfortable with it and now uses it several hours every day.  Kids beg her to use it all the time.  I play Plants Vs. Zombies on it as often as time allows.  Gotta keep the kids off of it though, they keep taking my account in plants vs. zombies and either deleting it or renaming it.  Argh!

-CC
Curtis, Micah, DD#1 (13) DD#2 ( 8), DS (6) & DD#3 (3)
Open Range RF367BHS
TV 2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 MegaCab 6.7 Cummins \ 68RFE
EFI Live, S&B, MBRP, AirDog, H&S, Mag-Hytec Pans, Autometer Gauges
Firestone Ride Rite, 40gal Aux Tank, 15K Superglide

Offline thefulminator

• thefulminator on webshots.com
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 08:34:54 am »
I've been looking into this lately as well.  My father-in-law will be starting kidney dialysis shortly and wants a tablet so he can watch Netflix during the process.  I am looking at Android devices because that is what I am familiar with and I am always the tech support for such things.  After reading a lot of reviews I came across a recurring theme that although the Kindle Fire HD is a great tablet, Amazon limits the apps available to it.  I asked about that at our local BestBuy store and was told that Amazon is trying to limit video to it's own Amazon Prime service and is discouraging Netflix.  I am currently leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
2009 Silverado LT 1500 4X4 Crew Cab, 9500 lb towing capacity with Putnam XDR, + 2013 Outback 250RS, Moonlight with Equalizer 10K
Me ('65), DW ('68), DS1 ('99), DS2 ('03), Dwoof ('12)
We all bleed Orange and Black
GO BEAVS

Offline Nathan

• Global Moderator
  • Westward Ho!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:10 am »
The galaxy tab 2 does a nice job with videos.  I filled a micro sd card for each kid with their favorite movies and they are good to go.
Nathan, DW, DS '03, DD '06 

Offline Ace

• Dog and Trailer
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 10:36:25 pm »
Just make sure you won't miss having a keyboard...

I saw someone suggest Asus...they make some really nice tablets with an optional keyboard.  Their specs, fit and finish are just as good as Apple and any other andriod device IMHO.

Biggest questions are....
- How much typing will you be doing?  Nothing beats a real keyboard.
- Do you need any office applications?
- Price

My wife had the Kindle fire HD and has nothing bad to say about it.  Best thing to do is go to the store, find the one you like and then price shop online.

I went the tablet route and still use my iPad2 regularly, but I quickly went back to an ultrabook....I am probably more of a power user than most though, being as I am in IT and have a small business doing web development.
2005 F150 Supercrew 2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Turbo Diesel & 2011 Outback 260FL