Author Topic: Gettysburg PA CG's April '17  (Read 1348 times)

Offline DHDB

Gettysburg PA CG's April '17
« on: January 29, 2017, 06:55:34 pm »
Hey Campers, looking for CG recommendations in the Gettysburg area.  We plan on stopping over for 3 days on our return from OBX and Williamsburg.  Gettysburg KOA, Drummer Boy, Artillery Ridge,....
"D"an, "H"olly, "D"aniel-16, “B"rian-15, and Gunnar-2 (NAID), Tehya-6mo (NAID)
2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab "Big Horn", 8' Fisher HD Plow
2010 Outback 301BQ (arrived April 2010) Slide Toppers, Power Tongue Jack, Bal-x-Choks, electric fireplace, and
many mods completed
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy P-3 Brake Contoller, Garmin Nuvi 255W, Boliy Pro3600SiE Gen.

Parked

Offline Willingtonpaul

• Live for today; Plan for tomorrow....
Re: Gettysburg PA CG's April '17
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:25:21 am »
a few years back we did an april vacation trip down there, and stayed at gettysburg campgound....

i sat on my ass, drank a couple of beers, and watched clarke install an air tank under his truck for the train horn setup....it was awesome to be there, provide insight, and cheer him on with that install....i think my role played an integral part in the overall lasting success and popularity of that project....like to also think i was in on the ground floor, as the train horn phenomenon has really taken hold with others.....

anyways, the campground was nice and i would definitely go back...great location and facilities....

2018 Newmar Dutch Star 4326
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2015 Ford F150 Fing Ranch
Paul('69) Adele('68) Mila('03) Ethan('05)
Lara the Golden ('13)
Brewster the Golden ('17)

Just doing my part to control the flying insect population with camping every trip....

Offline joonbee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 12:22:13 pm »
a few years back we did an april vacation trip down there, and stayed at gettysburg campgound....

i sat on my ass, drank a couple of beers, and watched clarke install an air tank under his truck for the train horn setup....it was awesome to be there, provide insight, and cheer him on with that install....i think my role played an integral part in the overall lasting success and popularity of that project....like to also think i was in on the ground floor, as the train horn phenomenon has really taken hold with others.....

anyways, the campground was nice and i would definitely go back...great location and facilities....
I concur about Gettysburg cg and I do recall looking up from under the truck and seeing Paul doing as described. Oh and doing it well for sure. He's right on about there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jim, Kristen, James and Aaron
Sierra and Merlin (Border Collies)

Offline Happy Camper

• Needing campfire time..all the time
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 07:29:34 pm »

Pictures of the train horn install:
2017 Dynamax Isata 5 "Super "C",  towing an assortment of toys - 2012 Ultra, SXS's,Welcraft boat, Monster Golf Cart and Firewood) , depending upon the application. Arctic Fox 811 Truck Camper on the back of a 2008 F350 6.4L; going where no camper has gone before,.  Eric, Anne Michelle & Cody (AKA lick-lick).

Offline Happy Camper

• Needing campfire time..all the time
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 07:35:09 pm »
A couple more; the "after party" celebrating the successful train horn install!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:40:49 pm by Happy Camper »
2017 Dynamax Isata 5 "Super "C",  towing an assortment of toys - 2012 Ultra, SXS's,Welcraft boat, Monster Golf Cart and Firewood) , depending upon the application. Arctic Fox 811 Truck Camper on the back of a 2008 F350 6.4L; going where no camper has gone before,.  Eric, Anne Michelle & Cody (AKA lick-lick).

Offline clarkely

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 12:08:01 pm »
I concur!!! Especially for that time of year.....

Sometime on the 17th to 18th we will be leaving travelling home ....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

'17 Open Range 3X427BHS - 2018 Duramax - Happy Campers