Author Topic: staying in the loop  (Read 694 times)

Offline McCoachs (formally kodiak 214)

• cyclebill385@gmail.com
staying in the loop
« on: September 03, 2011, 08:58:42 am »
Hi Gang, from Clark's friend in Harleysville
We had a great spring and summer camping season just have Halloween on the schedule for the fall. Our big trips were Watkins Glen S.P. where we did the Gorge Trail and visited four other State Parks with waterfall trails and swimming holes. The Finger Lakes are worth visiting again. Our other trip was Virginia, we spent one night in Edinburg VA a nice small town in the Shenandoah Valley then drove to Luray Cavern the next morning on our way to the Skyline Drive. We stayed two nights at Natural Bridge VA and saw the toy and wax museums and a butterfly exhibit at Natural Bridge along with a haunted house, cavern and Foamhenge.  On our way to Kings Dominion we stopped at Monticello and toured Thomas Jefferson's home. After 13 roller coasters and waters park we headed to VA Beach for five days to end our 11 day trip.  it was a great trip and the only thing that was missing was you, it would have been fun to have some other families with us. So I would like to be included in your plans for 2012 and would like to have some input it them as well. I have my cross state bicycle tour scheduled for June 23-30  and I do not want to conflict with Boy Scout trips so let's start sharing some idea's. I guess I should have been checking Dog & Trailer more often but I ussualy have my schedule set early in the year.
Thanks, Bill, Michelle, Kevin and Kimberly
p.s. I see talk about going to Acadia for a 3rd year in a row? 

2004 Dodge Durango
2014 Keystone Passport 280BH
Bill, Michelle, Kevin & Kimberly

Offline joonbee

• Global Moderator
Re: staying in the loop
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 11:39:04 am »
Hey Bill gald to see you on here and that you had a good summer of campin, oh and sorry again you are a freind of Clarke's  ::), but there a few of us paddling that boat. hehehe.

AS for Acadia we have booked a date and it looks like we unfortunately hit your cross state trip right on the head. Keep a lookout for the rest of the trips and we can get together somewhere.

Jim

Jim, Kristen, James and Aaron
Sierra and Merlin (Border Collies)